Exactly 35 years ago, Bishop Grégoire blessed the premises of the Bon Jour Toi Center, inaugurated two weeks earlier. Located at 1187 St-Mathieu Street, in the Saint-Mathieu Wing of the Mother House, this day center was set up by the Grey Nuns of Montreal to welcome women from the Montreal area that were isolated and in difficulty. A clothing depot was made available to them, as well as a food service and activities such as knitting or painting.
The center’s staff consisted of Grey Nuns and lay people, both salaried and volunteers. It was directed by Mrs. Estelle Landry and Sisters Cécile Labonté, Johanne Bélanger and Marguerite Boisvert (1984-2007). This center closed in April 2007.
In total, just over 4,000 women benefited from the services of this center.