From 1953 to 1964, Camp Massabielle welcomed the orphans of the Hôpital du Christ-Roi in Nicolet during the summer vacations.
Covering an area of three and a half by six acres, this summer camp was built at the end of the land of the Métairie Saint-Joseph, which was located near the Hôtel-Dieu. The land was cleared and the shrubs cut down to prepare a ball field and playgrounds for the girls and boys. A pond was also dug for the children to swim in. Pavilions were also built to house the children.