Guided tours about the history and evolution of the former Montreal General Hospital’s architecture

Published on

On September 7 and 8, the Mother d’Youville House will open its doors to the public for the Journées du patrimoine religieux de Montréal. Join us to learn more about the history and evolution of the former General Hospital’s architecture. Built in 1693, it is the fifth oldest building in Montreal and one of the few remaining examples of French Regime architecture on the island. The tour will end inside with a visit to the Hall of the Poor and the refectory. Since the building has been closed to the public for renovations since October 2017, this is an exceptional opportunity to visit us, right before major work begins.

About 45-60 minutes/visit

September 7 and 8, 2019, from 10am to 4pm

10am: Visit in French (Full)
11am: Visit in English
Lunch Time
1pm: Visit in French (Full)
2pm: Visit in English
3pm: Visit in French (Full)
4pm: Visit in English

138 Saint-Pierre Street, in Old Montréal (Square-Victoria-OACI station).

Guided tours only. Rain or shine. Limited space (maximum 15 people per visit). Booking recommended.

Booking and information
Brigitte Campeau, 514-842-9411, ext. 309